BIG KOUNTRY SHOOTING, LLC
RANGE RULES AND REGULATIONS
Gun Safety Rules:
- Weapons must be pointed down range at all times and never point weapons at anything you don’t intend to destroy.
- Treat all firearms as if they are loaded, keeping the action open, and the gun unloaded until ready to use.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you intend to shoot.
- Know your intended target and what is beyond the target.
- All shooters must have firearm shooting experience. If you do not have firearm shooting experience please get with a Big Kountry staff member.
- Be certain your gun is in good working order and you are using the correct ammunition for your weapon (user is held responsible).
- Weapons must be unloaded with the breech open when brought into the range and unloaded and secured before leaving the gun range.
- Drawing from holster is prohibited.
- All fired rounds must impact the bullet trap area. No impact into the floor, roof, or side walls. There is a $25.00 fine for each round shot into the ceiling, walls, floors or range equipment (target hanger etc.)
- Shooters must wear safety glasses and ear protection in the range at all times.
- Never cross firing line. If anything falls past the firing line notify Big Kountry personnel for assistance.
- Firearms are only to be handled in shooter’s box and only handle one gun at a time.
- Do not change lanes or move guns between lanes.
- Do not pass firearms from person to person. Place unloaded firearm on the bench and allow the next person to pick it up.
- No steelcore, armor piercing, tracer, or explosive ammunition will be allowed.
- No rapid fire is allowed.
- All brass becomes property of Big Kountry Shooting, LLC.
General Range Rules:
- Horseplay and abusive language is prohibited.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
- No one under 21 is allowed in the range unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Do not use alcohol or drugs before or during shooting.
- No food, drink, chewing tobacco, snuff or smoking inside the gun range.
- Photo identification required for use of range facilities.
Fire Line Commands:
- “Cease Fire”- When the cease fire command is given, all shooters will stop immediately, keeping their firearm pointed in a safe direction, finger off the trigger and await further commands.
- “Fire”- begin firing safely
- Immediately notify a range safety officer of any safety violations. All shooters are encouraged to call a “cease fire” if they see unsafe activities taking place. Safety is everybody's responsibility at Big Kountry Shooting.